Call: 704-537-8466

The Bentsi-Enchill Law Firm PLLC - logo

Serving Charlotte, NC

facebook round twitter round
VAWA Petitions VAWA Petitions

To contact an immigration lawyer at our law office in Charlotte, call 704-537-8466.

Legal immigration status for battered spouses and children

The 1994 Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) made major changes to United States immigration law to protect immigrants victimized by domestic violence. At The Bentsi-Enchill Law Firm PLLC, we are proud to advise and represent individuals who need help with VAWA immigration petitions.

When an immigrant is in an abusive relationship with a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, there are laws available to protect the rights of these victims.


Abuse victims can make independent applications for permanent residency via the VAWA (Violence Against Women Act) self-petition process. VAWA immigration petitions are also known as "self-petitions" because the VAWA applicant is applying independently of the abusive spouse. VAWA immigration petitions are available for the abused spouse as well as their children.

Call us today to schedule your consultation.

The VAWA immigration petition is just what you need to file if you find yourself in an abusive relationship with a U.S. citizen. Call The Bentsi-Enchill Law Firm PLLC today.

VAWA immigration services

Contact us for VAWA immigration petition filing

A highly experienced law firm that cares about you!

VAWA immigration petition assistance


It is imperative that abuse victims file their petitions in a timely manner. Do not file for divorce without consulting first about the immigration consequences. It is also important to consult to determine whether children can be included.